10 Reasons why you are a better leader today
- You are generous with information. You know it enables and values others.
- You avoid the trappings of power. You respect your position too much to let yourself become self-absorbed and disconnected from those you serve.
- You know leadership isn’t about how well you are appreciated, but it’s about endlessly showing your appreciation of others. Leadership isn’t about how you feel, but how you make others feel.
- You are honored to lead, you genuinely respect and care for the people you serve.
- You avoid the trivial and stay focused on your core values and the vision they enable. You will always pay attention to what matters most and you communicate it tirelessly and with clarity.
- You are driven to produce and are accountable for it and expect the same from others.
- You take time to reflect to keep yourself aligned and to continually evaluate your impact.
- Because you are humble enough to know that you don’t have all the answers and it doesn’t have to be your way and it is in fact, unhealthy for you to insist on it.
- Because you are committed to building others greater than yourself. You are validated not by your own knowledge and accomplishments but by those you help succeed. You are passionate about and energized by the people you serve.
- Because you know that you are setting an example for others to follow. Everything you do matters. You know it’s not about you.